In this day and age there are much more intolerance’s, allergies, and diets going around. And that is 100% okay. As a caterer we want to make sure your guests are comfortable with their plate and to do so, sometimes we have to accommodate specific requests.
Do you have a guest asking for a vegan or vegetarian meal? Don’t sweat it! There are a few ways to accommodate them. You can make some changes to the ingredients or ask your caterer for a completely separate plate!
What is the difference between vegan and vegetarian? Some may think they are they same, but there is quite a difference between them.
What is Vegan?
A person who does not eat or use any animal products; including diary and/or eggs.
What is Vegetarian?
A person who does not eat meat and sometimes other animal products. Some vegetarians will eat diary and/or eggs. Some will eat fish, which is called pescatarian.
Ways to accommodate your vegan guests:
- leave cheeses and creamy sauces on the side.
- substitute your salad dressing for a vinaigrette.
- bacon bits? leave them on the side.
- chose a pasta with tomato basil sauce.
- ask for your rice to be made with plain water and spices.
Here are some vegan and vegetarian menu ideas:
- Portabello Mushroom Steaks
- Veggie Tofu Kabobs
- Vegetable Stir-fry
- Pasta Primivera
- Bruschetta Stuffed Manicotti
- Curry Cauliflower
Let us know what type of menu you’re looking for!